Sunday, June 9, 2013

Episode 13 - The One with the Naughty Parakeet

Show is up on ITunes! Or you can check out the video on jaycraftygeek.podbean.com



What’s on the needles -  
I did a lot of work on the Elizabeth Zimmerman’s Basic Pie Shawl – Pattern from The Knitter’s Almanac. Yarn from Abstract Fiber Matisse (100% SW BFL) in their Seattle colorway. Size US 2 (2.75 mm) Hiya Hiya Sharp needles. Have added to it the spirit Moraie in Silkie Socks that Rock and will add a gray yarn from Ranch of the Oaks.

NO work for Traditional Gansey Socks – Pattern from Wendy Johnson’s Socks from the Toe Up. Yarn from Lisa Souza’s BFL Sock in The Shore colorway. Size US 1 ½ (2.5 mm) Addi Turbo needles.

NO work for Lace and Cable Socks – Another pattern from Wendy Johnson’s Socks from the Toe Up. Also done with yarn from Lisa Souza’s BFL Sock in Sky Drama colorway. Size US 1 (2.25 mm) Hiya Hiya Sharp needles.

Self-Striping!!!! – My Knitted Heart Vanilla Socks from Elizabeth Suarez (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/my-knitted-heart-vanilla-socks) (kind of…I may have played with it a little while watching Star Trek) with Friday Studios self-striping sock (not sure what base though...I think Monday). Size US 1 ½ (2.5 mm) Addi Turbo needles.

What’s on the Nails –  SinFul Colors Into the Blue and Hard Candy Black Tie Optional. I also put Sally Hansen’s gel polish Shall We Dance. So far the gel mani is handling really well.

Book Talk & Announcement of the podcast’s first KAL/PAL! Theme this week is Children’s Literature, which ties into my announcement of our first knit-a-long and paint-a-long! Knit anything based off children’s/young adult fiction (Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight, etc.) or/and paint your nails with the same theme. It’ll be great!

My favorite reads when I was young was Anne of Green Gables, Are You There God, This is Margaret, and The BFG. What was your’s?

My wishlist -  For the nails: Literary Lacquers - http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiteraryLacquer
For the yarn: Dye for wool - http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dyeforwool

Etc etc etc – I still have three giveaways for you all! Purple Goddess is awesome and sent me over some amazing stitch markers and her amazing yarn. If you want to win some, go to our Ravelry group and answer my questions! (http://www.ravelry.com/groups/the-knitty-digits-podcast)

Where to Find Me:
Twitter: jay_crafty_geek
Ravelry: knitterlybooklady
Instagram: jaycraftygeek

Help me be better by reviewing me on Itunes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment